Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Big Slick

Well the reversing lights have been fixed on my car, it wasn't that difficult but it was fiddly and very messy. You can see from the pics below just how little access there is to the Neutral Safety Switch (NSS). In fact once you've managed to pry off the connector you can even see the nut part of the switch.


Anyway here's a tip for nothing. If the oil level on the transmission dipstick is above the max indicator watch out when you remove the existing NSS. I was lucky to escape with a relatively small coating on my arm but the driveway didn't do so well. Of course this is now the area that I need to lie in to put the new part back.

So it's job done and it starts and I have working reversing lights. Cost me $20 for the part and another $10 for a 1" deep socket and 3/8" to 1/2" drive converter, Took me about an hour of which most of it was mopping up the oil spill.