Monday, November 24, 2008

The Beast gets a makeover

It's Thanksgiving this week so that means only a 3 day working week and to celebrate we're off camping with some friends. Hontoon Island is the destination and you have to take a ferry across to the campsite....last one departs at 6:30pm and I don't get home from work til 5 so it's going to be touch and go whether we make it. If not our friends who are going down earlier in the day are taking their boat so we may have to recreate the Dunkirk evacuation! Another cold front is due to arrive tomorrow with lows of mid 40s expected. That should be refreshing under canvas

Seeing as the Beast isn't quite big enough I've treated myself to a cargo hauler that I've been promising myself since May. It fitted together pretty easily and now give plenty of room for the all important cooler. Anyway here are some before and after pics of the new headlamps...all I need do now is get them adjusted properly.

Before

After


Oh and here's the chest that I made, this is it in all it's former glory before I cut just under 7 inches off the width.