Monday, March 10, 2008

Summer is here

The clocks went forward this weekend so summer is just around the corner and its now light in the evenings til 730. I've just spent this morning shovelling 2 cubic yards of soil round to the back of the house to fill up the vegetable bed. Its finally done and the first of the seedlings have been planted.

Bikes

I went to Daytona on Saturday with Kate and I guess Friday's torrential rain and Saturday's chilly weather kept the best customs away. Don't get me wrong it was massively busy but they mostly seemed to be standard Harley's and Jap sports bikes rather than the outrageous choppers and custom jobs that I prefer. Having said that I there are a couple of pics of some of the better ones


We tried to get into Boot Hill Saloon Bar (yes there is such a place and its even opposite the cemetary) to see and AC/DC covers band but if was jam packed. So we had to content ourselves with a couple of bands that were playing in the various outdoor stages. Despite the cold weather (and it was below 50F) the beer girls were in good form too. You gotta love cold beer served to you by a semi naked woman.