Thursday, March 13, 2008

Condition unknown

The house painting has been coming along so well that I'm already looking for my next project. I think I'm ready to tackle the irrigation system but I'm going to need the internet to help me on this one.

As you can see the first thing I need to do is gain some proper access to the pump house and repair the nasty roof. Inside most of the structure has rotted away so i'll do some reconstruction in there too.

I know there are 2 zones one for the front yard and one for the back but most of the sprinkler heads are buried. This is one of the few that are visible.

The pump itself together with a load of trash that's accumulated.


This label on the motor is all I've got to go on for now, Mrs P doesn't know when it was last used or even if it ever worked. I guess I could just turn it on (if I can work out how) and see what happens. I just don't like the thought of electricity and water under pressure coming together. I guess I need to isolate the water and electricity supplies and work on them independently. It doesn't look like there's stop cock for the water supply so I wonder where that is then?