Monday, May 12, 2008

That'll be a pound....

Well there was no Mr Fiddler in sight and camping was a great success. The tent is massive and is pretty easy to get set up. We didn't really forget anything too important and a good time was had by all. We may have only been 3 miles up the road but on Saturday evening we sat on the beach and watched the dolphins swim by...could it get any better?

Sunday was Mother's day and I treated Mrs P to something she's always wanted.... a garbage disposal system. I know can hear you all saying what an old romantic I am, some people have to work at it but it comes easy to me. I'll try and find a couple of hours this week to install it.

The Beast has developed a small coolant leak from behind the timing chain cover. I've studied the Haynes manual in great depth and it's a pain in the neck to fix. To get to the water pump I have to remove the fan and possibly the radiator too (to gain some extra access space as I don't want to put a hole in it). If I have to remove the radiator then I'll have to drain the A/C too (that's under high pressure and it's illegal to vent it to the air). Having got those out I have to remove the sump pan to get the timing cover off. This is the killer step as I have to drop the exhausts from the manifolds and disconnect a whole heap of other stuff. All in all it's just too much for me to get done in a weekend and I probably haven't got the right tools here so I'll leave it till I have too and then pay someone to fix it.