Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Overcooked....

Well another busy weekend. Mrs P and I went on a date on Friday as the kids had sleepovers. We dined on rack of lamb, fillet mignon, seared tuna, duck and grouper at a Tapas style restaurant.

On Saturday morning I finished repairing the surfboard while Mrs P went shopping with one of her friends. The repair won't win any beauty contests but it's worked. Went to the beach on Sunday to test out the board but it was very windy and the surf was very choppy and not suited to beginners. Last time we tried surf in these conditions I got whacked on the head and badly bruised my ribs.

Spent an hour or so Monday morning at the Home Depot getting some materials to build a surfboard rack. Now that we've got a couple of them we need somewhere to store them properly rather than leaving them on the back deck. The rest of Sunday was spent at the beach and I fried. I hastily sprayed on some lotion before I left but missed loads as the can ran out. My face, back, shoulders and legs are all crispy and lobster pink! That'll teach me.