Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Storm clouds brewing

OMG PS3 in HD is AWESOME. I bought a copy of Assassin's Creed 2nd hand off Amazon and it turned up the same day that we bought the new TV. In the end we went for the 37" one and I have to say I'm glad we did. Trouble is it makes the standard crappy NTSC picture look even more 3rd world, so I'm now investigating digital cable as an option.

Other local news, some Redneck has been taking potshots at petrol tankers as they drive along the Interstate! They hit one the other day and the driver had to get out and apparently put his finger in the hole until the police arrived. Not quite sure what the sniper is hoping to achieve but tankers don't explode when shot with a bullet like they do in the movies!

Work is going well, I've been writing some super funky SQL code and I'm currently refactoring one that our software supplier has written. Their process takes about an hour to run, mine currently takes 30 seconds. I'll admit I'm only 80% done but I still reckon I can whip their time.

Weather here is hot and stormy, with temps up in the 90s everyday but also massive thunderstorms.