Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The promise of things to come

Not much real progress been taken on the car but I've been busy collecting all the pieces of Humpty Dumpty. Unfortunately not one place stocks all the studs, nuts, bolts, gaskets etc etc so I've had to order from multiple retailers and pay each of them their extortionate shipping and handling. I mean does it REALLY cost $8 to ship six 5/16" nuts??

Mr Gasket Exhaust gasket material from JEGS to seal off the choke pocket

Castellated Nut, 5/16-24 from Pegasus Racing

Brass Manifold nuts from Napa

Electric Choke Conversion from CarbsOnly

High temp thread sealer (not threadlocker), high temp RTV gasket, high temp anti seize lubricant all from ACE hardware.

Anyhow I've got tomorrow off work, Mrs P is away in Orlando, the kids are at school so I'm hoping to get some spannering time in. Watch this space....