Sunday, February 21, 2010

Doesn't time fly...

It's taken a while but I've finally finished a personal project...the trouble with blogging is that it's a permanent record of when you start something. Back here in Sept 2008 I wrote about my new bike well I've finally finished it this week. The seat, handle bars and rear wheel and phat tyres came from an old beach cruiser. If you want to know why I didn't just refurb the parts bike it's because it was a ladies cruiser and too small for me.



Had an exciting day yesterday and Mrs P now has a new toy. Her old Subaru just wasn't cutting it any more, with the big kids arguing and fighting on the short 3 mile trip to school. We drove up to a Toyota dealer in Jacksonville and 4 hours later we came home in this shiney new vehicle. It's a 2008 Toyota Highlander and thankfully its not part of the recall. It's got 3rd row seating and the middle seat in the 2nd row comes (and hides away) so it's easy for the kids to get right to the back. It was a fair chunk of change but if Mrs P is happy then that suits me just fine.