Friday, July 17, 2009

Shake, Rattle and ROLL

The Beast is in trouble. We all went out tonight for dinner to The Prince of Wales pub and on the way there the brakes starting grinding. We ate an excellent dinner of fish and chips followed by chocolate sponge pudding and Bird's custard and we got home and I checked under the car. I was trying to see which side the pads had worn out but while I was under there I noticed that the bolt holding the passenger side sway bar link had sheared off. I had heard a couple of noises when turning sharply to the right a couple of times recently and thought my CV joint was on it's way out. Now I guess I know what the sound was and also explains the body roll I've been aware of recently.

Decorating is on hold tomorrow while I go to the auto store and get new pads, rotors and try and find a new bolt. It's supposed to be 88F tomorrow but with the humidity it will feel like 98F apparently. That should be fun then.