Tuesday, June 16, 2009

All painted out (me, not the house!)

Manual labour is way too hard a way to earn a living, that God I'm a desk jockey as this painting lark is killing me. In the past 5 days I've painted the kitchen, breakfast area, lounge, hall, stairwell, landing and the double height entrance way all with 2 coats of paint. I've also hung a new lamp, changed out numerous light bulbs with the aid of this fancy piece of hardware (although I really want the motorized version), removed a broken tile in the shower and cleaned out the grout, fixed the refrigerator door, installed a new water filter, cleaned all the light switches and electrical sockets, oh and moved most the contents from our garage into the new house.

Everyone (that's Grammy, Mrs P) have been super helpful in doing their bit to allow me to get on and do what I do best. This is the kids first week out of school for summer and it's fair to say that the lack of structure in their day hasn't been easy for anyone.

Tomorrow we are planning on taking the scaffolding done, as I don't intend going out on that again and it will allow the front door to be opened so that the carpet fitter can get in on Thursday and Friday. I've also got to measure and cut a new tile for the shower and then silicone round the corners to make it water tight again.