Monday, September 15, 2008

Wheelie good time

We've been sweltering here under a mini heatwave with temperatures well up into the 90s (and a heat index over 100F). Yesterday we went to a friend's community pool and I'm not kidding the water was like getting into a bath.

I've got a new project as I was given an old mountain bike. It has seen better days but it's all there and it mostly works. Below is a picture of the bike as I received it and then there's a picture of an hour later...


The thing to remember with bikes is that 'left loosey, righty tighty' doesn't always hold true. Pedels and cranks have a left handed thread on them which means that they undo in the opposite direction. The "fun" begins as I prep the frame and forks for a paint job. Not sure where I'm going with the design yet, I want to put different handle bars on it, but that will necessitate longer brake and gear cables. I may cannibalise one of the other bikes we've got here and use the wheels off that as it has coaster brakes and do away with the gears altogether. Time will tell....

I downloaded a couple of demo PS3 games over the weekend; Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, PixelJunk Eden and LEGO: Indiana Jones. Guitar Hero wouldn't work with my RockBand guitar so unless I want to shell out another $100 I guess my days of joining the Toxic Twins on stage are numbered. PixelJunk Eden is just that JUNK, it gets good reviews but DON'T waste the 15 minutes it takes to download it. You'll never get that time back....ever. Now Indiana Jones is a completely different kettle of fish, this game is fun, fun and more fun and plays out the first three films pretty much in their entirety. I only played the first level in the demo but I WANT this game.