Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Redneck Racing

All consoles need a good racing game and so being in the South, NASCAR is king around here. I downloaded a demo version of NASCAR 09 and let me tell you there is nothing fun about this game. There are no instructions but then none are needed, you just press the Accelerator button, hold it down while nudging the joystick slightly to the left to drive round an oval circuit. That's it, I started my one and only race on the front row, and led from start to finish. Graphics are ok, nothing special though and it just doesn't seem like you're actually in the car. Dull, dull, dull so I won't be buying that! Let's hope that Gran Turismo 5 is better as this sucked big time.

There was a new addition to the family on Friday when Mrs P's brother and his girlfriend delivered baby David into this world. He weighted in at 7lb 3oz and was born about 10:30pm on 08/08/08.