Monday, August 25, 2008

I'll huff and I'll puff...

Well Tropical Storm Fay hung around far too long for my liking and delivered its promised wind and rain on Thursday and Friday last week. In some places they measured as much as 24 inches in a 24 hour period. They shut the office so I did at least manage to get a 4 day weekend, not that we could do much til the weather improved on Saturday. Apparently 9 people died as a result of the winds and rain but to be honest at least one of those was caused by stupidity. They died from carbon monoxide poisoning from running a generator inside the house...they must be a candidate for the Darwin Awards.



Saturday was Sofie's 4th birthday but with the bad weather still lingering we postponed her party til Sunday. The weather was perfect, being sunny and hot with just a slight breeeze. Everyone had great time and dined on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, pretzels, fruit kebabs and cake! She got so many presents I've no idea where we're going to put them all now....I think some of the less played with ones will have to go. Not sure how I'm going to sneak them out yet though.....