Monday, February 25, 2008

Not what you know....

Damn that wood is expensive, I managed to get it for $2/ft as it was the last of their stock. It cost over $60 just to get that bit of the siding replaced, and although its been primed it still needs a top coat, but as I don't have the paint that can wait for another day.

Went to dinner at a friend's house last night and they've just bought a sailboat. It's about 20-25ft and is best described as a fixer upper. Just the sort of thing that I'd be interested in buying. Obviously I volunteered to help him fix it up in return for some sailing trips, so that I can learn what to do. Aay aay Captain.

No car yet, I went to see my "inside man" today and he told me that there was nothing at the auctions. Everything that was within my budget had over 150,000 miles on it and anything that was under my 100,000 miles target was over my budget! Fingers crossed for Wednesday when the next auction is at Daytona.

Applied for a job today at the County. I've also got an "inside man" there who's going to do his best to point them towards my resume. I have to call it that as they don't know what a CV is over here.